2018 Fair Gamer Applications for WA ARE NOW CLOSED! Follow us on social media to be informed about our next intake.
WA Training: Sun 25th February 2018, Claremont, Applications close Friday 2nd February 5pm AWST – COMPLETE
Port Hedland Training: Saturday, 17th March 2018
If you are are NSW and want to become a volunteer click here
If you are interested in making change in your own backyard then we would love you to become part of our team. We also have Committee positions available. We inspire healthy communities through the donation of recycled sports equipment…and have a lot of fun doing it!
Who are Fair Gamers?
Fair Gamers are trained volunteers who make a big difference to local under-serviced Australian communities by running unique Sports, Fitness and Health programs. We come from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels, are all passionate about making change and work together in a dynamic environment to enable this to happen.
We are looking for people who are:
- Committed: Regularly get involved and are dedicated to participating and helping out the Fair Game team.
- Enthusiastic: Keen as mustard to learn from others and give things a go
- Team Players: We’re much more effective if we work together
- Hands-on: Not afraid to ‘get their hands dirty’ travelling to remote places and doing physical things
- Respectful: Welcoming of the beautiful diversity in life without discrimination
- Fun: Bringing patience and a sense of humour along for the ride!
What’s in it for me?
- Joining a network of professionals within an innovative, exciting and highly acclaimed organisation
- Chance to help make a positive impact on the lives of under serviced community members
- Opportunities to volunteer in Metropolitan areas and on remote community road trips
- Fun social and travel opportunities
How to Apply
Applications to become a Fair Gamer in 2018 are currently closed. Follow us through our social media channels to keep up to date on future volunteering opportunities and volunteer intakes.
To express your interest in becoming a Fair Game volunteer we ask applicants to complete an application form and email it through to firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD Application Form 2018
The Fair Game committee will meet to choose the selected applicants; we might be in touch by email or phone to ask further questions. All nominees will be informed whether or not they are successful by email.
Successful Fair Gamers will receive a registration email/pack and clear instructions about what will happen from here. This will include a range of resources and access to our online content systems.
- November: Applications open
- February: Applications close
- February: All applicants notified
- February: Registration details required
- February: Training packs and final details via email
- February 25th: Training day in Perth
- March 17th – Training day in Port Hedland
What would I be doing (Western Australian Volunteers)?
Fair Gamers help us with our Fitness, Sports and Health programs. You will be supporting team leaders in smaller projects throughout Perth for the first few months. Over time you will have the potential to participate in remote road trips to communities thousands of kilometres away. You will also help us collect and organise recycled sports equipment for distribution to communities in need.
- You will volunteer and participate in approximately 4-6 sessions throughout the year. A ‘session’ might be a Friday night activity with migrants in the city, cleaning and transporting recycled equipment or a road trip to the Kimberley
- We expect all Fair Gamer’s to help with at least three busy bees sorting sports equipment and packing donation boxes, one Perth/Wheatbelt session and one Fundraising event.
- Approximately 40 hours throughout the year helping within Perth attending meetings, running events, collecting recycled sports equipment and representing Fair Game at partner events
- Writing one short blog article for the Fair Game website and helping with ongoing evaluation of our various activities
- Coming to meetings for any road trips/ projects you’re involved with
- Attending Fair Game social/fundraising events and training refreshers during the year
- As part of the team, you will be treated like a professional and be expected to communicate effectively via phone, text, or email. You will be trained in our internal policies and procedures by our Senior Fair Gamers