2018 Fair Gamer Applications ARE OPEN!
WA Training: Sun 25th February 2018, Claremont, Applications close Friday 2nd February 5pm AWST
NSW training: Saturday & Sunday, 10th & 11th March 2018, Sydney/Armidale, applications close Monday 19th February 5pm AWST
Port Hedland Training: Saturday, 17th March 2018
If you are interested in making change in your own backyard then we would love you to become part of our team. We also have Committee positions available. We inspire healthy communities through the donation of recycled sports equipment…and have a lot of fun doing it!
Who are Fair Gamers?
Fair Gamers are trained volunteers who make a big difference to local under-serviced Australian communities by running unique Sports, Fitness and Health programs. We come from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels, are all passionate about making change and work together in a dynamic environment to enable this to happen.
We are looking for people who are:
- Committed: Regularly get involved and are dedicated to participating and helping out the Fair Game team.
- Enthusiastic: Keen as mustard to learn from others and give things a go
- Team Players: We’re much more effective if we work together
- Hands-on: Not afraid to ‘get their hands dirty’ travelling to remote places and doing physical things
- Respectful: Welcoming of the beautiful diversity in life without discrimination
- Fun: Bringing patience and a sense of humour along for the ride!
What’s in it for me?
- Joining a network of professionals within an innovative, exciting and highly acclaimed organisation
- Chance to help make a positive impact on the lives of under serviced community members
- Opportunities to volunteer in Perth regional activities and remote community road trips
- Fun social and travel opportunities
The Fair Game committee will meet to choose the selected applicants; we might be in touch by email or phone to ask further questions. All nominees will be informed whether or not they are successful by email.
Successful Fair Gamers will receive a registration email/pack and clear instructions about what will happen from here. This will include a range of resources and access to our online content systems.
- November: Applications open
- February: Applications close
- February: All applicants notified
- February: Registration details required
- February: Training packs and final details via email
- February 25th: Training day in Perth
- March 10th/11th – Training days in Sydney and Armidale, NSW
- March 17th – Training day in Port Hedland
What would I be doing?
Fair Gamers help us with our Fitness, Sports and Health programs. You will be supporting team leaders in smaller projects throughout Perth for the first few months. Over time you will have the potential to participate in remote road trips to communities thousands of kilometres away. You will also help us collect and organise recycled sports equipment for distribution to communities in need.
- You will volunteer and participate in approximately 4-6 sessions throughout the year. A ‘session’ might be a Friday night activity with migrants in the city, cleaning and transporting recycled equipment or a road trip to the Kimberley
- We expect all Fair Gamer’s to help with at least three busy bees sorting sports equipment and packing donation boxes, one Perth/Wheatbelt session and one Fundraising event.
- Approximately 40 hours throughout the year helping within Perth attending meetings, running events, collecting recycled sports equipment and representing Fair Game at partner events
- Writing one short blog article for the Fair Game website and helping with ongoing evaluation of our various activities
- Coming to meetings for any road trips/ projects you’re involved with
- Attending Fair Game social/fundraising events and training refreshers during the year
- As part of the team, you will be treated like a professional and be expected to communicate effectively via phone, text, or email. You will be trained in our internal policies and procedures by our Senior Fair Gamers
Committee Positions Available
We are currently looking for skilled people to become Fair Gamers AND join our committee. Our current vacancies include:
- Program/Regional Coordinator: We are looking for someone to coordinate Fair Game’s varied and unique programs including regional trip coordination and review and management of health related programs.
- Program & Training Coordinator: Fair Game’s unique programs are making a real difference to people across Australia. We are looking for someone with a background in Training, Assessing and Development who would be able to help us continue the development of quality assurance, training and the daily operations of our programs.
- Funding & Fundraising Committee: Work with a dynamic and enthusastic team to secure funding to ensure continuation of our great programs.
- Recycle & Donate Committee: We are looking for energetic individuals to become a part of our growing Recycle & Donate team to ensure individuals and communities all over the country receive the sports equipment they require to access healthy lifestyle choices.
- Please complete the application form above and submit it via email along with further information to support your application for the specific position: email@example.com