2018 Fair Gamer Applications for NSW ARE OPEN!
NSW training: applications close Monday 14th May 5pm AWST
- Sunday May 20th Armidale
- Saturday May 26th, Sydney
If you are interested in making change in your own backyard then we would love you to become part of our team. We also have Committee positions available. We inspire healthy communities through the donation of recycled sports equipment…and have a lot of fun doing it!
Who are Fair Gamers?
Fair Gamers are trained volunteers who make a big difference to local under-serviced Australian communities by running unique Sports, Fitness and Health programs. We come from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels, are all passionate about making change and work together in a dynamic environment to enable this to happen.
We are looking for people who are:
- Committed: Regularly get involved and are dedicated to participating and helping out the Fair Game team.
- Enthusiastic: Keen as mustard to learn from others and give things a go
- Team Players: We’re much more effective if we work together
- Hands-on: Not afraid to ‘get their hands dirty’ travelling to remote places and doing physical things
- Respectful: Welcoming of the beautiful diversity in life without discrimination
- Fun: Bringing patience and a sense of humour along for the ride!
What’s in it for me?
- Joining a network of professionals within an innovative, exciting and highly acclaimed organisation
- Chance to help make a positive impact on the lives of under serviced community members
- Opportunities to volunteer in Metropolitan areas and on remote community road trips
- Fun social and travel opportunities
The Fair Game committee will meet to choose the selected applicants; we might be in touch by email or phone to ask further questions. All nominees will be informed whether or not they are successful by email.
Successful Fair Gamers will receive a registration email/pack and clear instructions about what will happen from here. This will include a range of resources and access to our online content systems.
- February: Applications open
- May: Applications close
- May: All applicants notified
- May: Registration details required
- May: Training packs and final details via email
- May 20th – Training day in Armidale, NSW
- May 26th – Training day in Sydney, NSW
What would I be doing (Sydney Hub Volunteers)?
Fair Gamers help us with our Fitness, Sports and Health programs. You will be supporting team leaders in smaller projects in inner city Sydney and the Campbelltown region. Over time you will have the potential to participate in road trips to regional and remote communities. You will also help us collect and organise recycled sports equipment for distribution to communities in need.
- You will attend the Fair Gamers training day on Saturday 26th May, 2018
- You will volunteer and participate in approximately 4-6 sessions which occur throughout the year on Mondays (13:00-14:30 in inner city Sydney) and Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays (14:45-16:00 in Campbelltown region)
- We expect all Fair Gamer’s to help with at least one busy bees sorting sports equipment and packing donation boxes
- Writing one short blog article for the Fair Game website and helping with ongoing evaluation of our various activities
- Coming to meetings for any road trips/ projects you’re involved with
- Attending Fair Game social/fundraising events and training refreshers during the year and being an active team member on our internal social media channels.
- As part of the team, you will be treated like a professional and be expected to communicate effectively via phone, text, or email. You will be trained in our internal policies and procedures by our Senior Fair Gamers